I plucked this baby out of the garbage thanks to a wonderful neighbor of mine!
After sanding down the top and spray painting the wrought iron base black, I restained the top using Minwax Gray stain to give it a driftwood looking finish.
This was the before….
After looking forever on Craigslist for a farmhouse table I finally found one!!!
Wanting a driftwood finish i set out to sand and then re stain the top after I painted the base white.
I used Minwax stain in Classic Gray and then polyurethaned it for protection.
Dumpster Rescue! I saved another one from the garbage men! This 1940’s waterfall dresser was such a solid piece, I couldn’t pass this up. It was in great shape despite the fact it was sitting in someone’s garage or basement for the past 60 years!
I sanded, primed and painted this in a grayish taupe color and then taped out the layout for the Union Jack design
I used Duck Egg Blue and White for the colors of the flag
Shell Stitch Baby Blanket in Pink, Gray and White
What a beautiful desk this turned out to be! I used chalk paint in Duck Egg Blue and Antique White, stained the top in a beautiful Chestnut color and waxed it. I sprayed the hardware Oil Rubbed Bronze by Rustoleum.
Another little table I happened to find in someone’s basement…I painted the top in Annie Sloan Graphite and painted the base in Annie Sloan French Gray. I distressed the base and then waxed everything to protect.
Painted round table
Graphite top French Linen Base
Antique ladder back chairs
I love this little chest of drawers that I painted for a client, so simple and classy looking! And the hand lettering just gives it that extra something special.
I painted this using my own version of chalk paint using a color that was the closest to Annie Sloan’s French Linen.
I taped out how wide I wanted the stripe to be and then I used Behr
‘s Gray Morning in a Matte finish.
I just used a black acrylic paint for the hand lettering. I printed out my image from the computer. I used carbon paper to transfer the images on the wood. I traced over the image and then filled in the outline.
The hardware was sprayed in Rustoleum’s
Oil Rubbed Bronze. My go to color for hardware!
I also sanded down the edges a bit with a sanding sponge to give it a lightly distressed feel.